18.4.07

179 - my name is Trout, Kilgore Trout


bye

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Kilgore Trout? Well, maybe you can read my mind or think what I'm just reading right now - well, to make a big confusion small - I'm reading Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse 5" right now, and guess who's been mentioned in there every now and then?

There you go. Kilgore Trout. He happened to be a neighbor of Billy Pilgrim (the main character in that book - and maybe from Vonnegut, too!). I've never read anything by Trout, but due to Vonnegut he had some fantastic ideas, but sadly he wasn't able to translate them in a genuine way... which I can't proof, since I never happened to have read anything from him, as I earlier said.

Well - if you happen to have drawn this exceptional portrait of Kilgore, I really have to congratulate you - it's wonderful - and, I'm sure, very symbolistically-ally-ally.

well - enough of this crap talk here.

bye.

lucky

..

.

"bye"

does that mean

"bye!"???

hope not.

probably just kilgore telling us

"bye".

now, bye from me, too.

Anonyme a dit…

Hey Lucky,

you've been reading slaughterhouse five recently? Sure, Kilgore Trout is in there all the time, but that's because Vonnegut invented him. There's no book of Trout outside the world of Vonnegut.
Further recommendation: Vonnegut's "Timequake", his last book, also contains a few funny Trout- and non-Trout stories...

EdkOb a dit…

Hum,

in everyone of us sleep a human being like Kilgore.

Kilgore is me, and you, and all of "you".

After "Slaughterhouse 5", all of us are Trout.

Trout is dreaming about Kurt, who is (yes, now) in Dresden, in this night of february 1945 (13).

Trout is the eternal witness.

all my friendships

Anonyme a dit…

sermo - i didn't know that! i thought i heard about kilgore trout in some other context, but now ev'rything comes more cleare. thx for telling me - and funny enough, i bought timequake some time ago (in english), but i don't think i've read it yet. i think i started to, but...

right now i'm perfectly happy with charles willeford's "the burnt orange heresy", which i've just read in german - very different from vonnegut, though.

everyone is trout? well, i just have an idea - could it be, that don van vliet named his most famous record after the character of vonnegut? i don't know... maybe you do.

Anonyme a dit…

Ahh, Lucky, your linking mind is great. I never thought there might be a connection between "Trout Mask Replica" and Vonnegut, but you are right... at least it's possible, and maybe not even unlikely...
I've already announced this on another site, but I have some recorded reading of Vonneguts "Timequake" book, unfortunately by the author but by some guy with strong German accent. However, in case anyone liked checking out the first 6 chapters, here's the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/38569763/Vonnegut.zip. And I could provide the following 40 chapters as well...

Anonyme a dit…

Ooops, there was a "not" omitted above. The reading is NOT read by the author himself. Sorry.

Anonyme a dit…

salut edkob.
ou kilgore.
trout.
je decouvre ton site grâce à arboribus.
je suis content.
de tellement belles choses que je passe devant presque sans profiter des liens.
comme dans un beau lieu où le plaisir passe avant tout par les yeux.
j'écoute le potlach 14, c'est bon, c'est libre.
content de voir un mp3 blog et jazz beaucoup et qui respire.
merci à toi.
a+

Anonyme a dit…

je me rends compte que le commentaire que je viens de laisser est pas mal pompeux bien que sincère.
la fatigue a du me rendre un peu trop lyrique.
désolé.
faut que j'aille voir ce que c'est que ce bouquin
lut